I’m Heather, a food blogger, amateur photographer, and published children’s author.
In my spare time, I love walking our two dogs through our city’s ravines, gardening, and hosting family dinners.
Whole Food Studio has always been my dream and it began when, newly married, I struggled with every recipe.
From choosing the right-sized bowl to making more than one dish at a time, nothing made sense.
With a lot of practice and many failures, I learned the importance of simple steps to help make recipes a success.
This is my way of paying those lessons forward.
My picture books
- Mentioned in The New York Times.
- Listed as one of the Best Books for Kids 2019 at New York Public Library.
- Listed in the top ten picture books for 2019 by the Ontario Public Library.
- Reviewed and recommended by New South Wales Teacher’s Federation, (Australia).
- Nominated for the Sakura Medal Book Award 2021
- Listed as one of the top children’s books about diversity on Oprah Daily
Visit Penguin Random House for more information, or pick up a copy at Amazon, your local bookstore, or public library.
Co-written with Michael Jacques who has autism and an intellectual disability.
I Belong: Can I Play? explores what it’s like to be different and not belong, no matter how hard you try.
A portion of each sale is donated to Special Olympics, Canada.